Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Next Six Months of No Gluten!

I am about to embark on an adventure of eliminating gluten from my diet for the next six months.  If any of you would like to join me on this adventure, please feel free to do so.  It should be challenging and insightful.  I recently had eliminated gluten from my diet for about the last month in attempts to see if it I felt healthier- strangely enough and unintentionally, I started to notice a change in the amount of psoriasis on my body.

Well, after a month of no gluten and zero psoriasis on my forehead, I went home for the holidays.  My parents' home was loaded with seasonal pastries, and homemade dishes that were loaded with gluten.  I indulged.  By day four of being home my forehead was broken out with psoriasis.  Now, of course the flare up may have been caused by other factors, such as a stressful environment and traveling, but my forehead was clear of psoriasis before arriving.  I also have medium sized patches located on the trunk of my body that became inflamed as well.  I am posting photos below to visually measure any changes that may happen over the next six months.


Forehead 
Patch on Body
Left Hip
Another Patch on Body
Elbow
I should note, I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis when I was seven years old.  The diagnosis came after an episode of strep throat.  My whole body was covered in psoriasis and I went through an intensive treatment plan to get the outbreak under control.

I will attempt to not use any medications unless a flare-up is unbearable.  If needed I will disclose that I have used the medication.

Information produced from this blog should not be used for medical research unless permission is granted by the author.  Photos are copyrighted.

Dear fellow bloggers, doctors, or psoriasis suffers, please leave any thoughts, remedies, and/or experiences you'd like to share.  Comments will help me stay motivated to continue posting… and not eating gluten. :)  Thanks.  




No comments:

Post a Comment